Client: New West End Company (NWEC)
The New West End Company is an organisation which oversees the commercial interests of its retailers on Oxford Street, Bond Street, Regent St and twelve neighbouring streets.
On Saturday 24 November 2012, London’s Oxford Street and Regent Street closed its roads to stage the UK’s biggest traffic free shopping day, Shop West End VIP (Very Important Pedestrian) Day.
This annual retailer led event was launched by a performance by the band McFly at Oxford Circus, and saw a variety of activities on the street, including the installation of nine giant (20ft) inflatable Christmas presents throughout the mile and a half of Oxford Street and Regent Street.
With just three hours to build, and two hours to dismantle and pack away before the roads re-open to traffic, the event is one of the most intense one day events we undertake.
• Sponsorship activities from American Express
• Main stage at Oxford Circus
• Nine Giant (20ft/6m) inflatable Christmas presents
• Traditional Steam Fair outside Hamleys
• Uniqlo Heat Spots
• Live music from brass bands, carol singers and flash mob choirs
• Everything Everywhere spider domes
• Sky promotional give-aways
• Event Production, Operation & Onsite Management
• Budget Management
• CAD Drawings
• Branding & Print Management
• Liasion with Westminster City Council & statutory authorites
• Client & content management liaison
• Stage Management
• Contracting local crew, staff and contractors
Just three hours from 8am - 11am to get everything ready
11am - 6pm. Performances from McFly, the ‘Post Olympic Dancers’, plus around a million shoppers
6pm - 8pm. Two hours to get the street cleared and re-opened to the traffic
The whole day in under three minutes